• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Release] KF1 zYnthetic-Only Music Pack for KF2

Slappy Cromwell

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
After playing KF2 for some time, I have come to the ultimate conclusion regarding its greatest weakness: Not enough zYnthetic. I don't have any problems with the artists who aren't zYnthetic, but the problem with the artists who aren't zYnthetic is that they aren't zYnthetic. :IS2:

Hence, I have created a mod (perhaps the very first for KF2!) that replaces all* of the non-zYnthetic tracks with classic KF1 zYnthetic tracks. Yes, that means Abandon All returns to its rightful place as the boss track! This music pack is fully client-side and works on-line! Just install the files and you're done! You're free to play in your favorite servers, even perks enabled, using these music tracks without need worrying of whitelists or graylists or package mismatch errors or anything! How great is that!

(* I have left Dirge's one original KF1 track in because Dirge is cool.)

Download KF2zYntheticMusicPack.rar (124.19 MB)

Installation instructions are included in the readme.

NOTE: Be sure you have vocals disabled in your Audio options. This music pack only replaces the instrumental versions.

Last edited:
I've made an update to the pack which helps alleviate some of the long stretches of silence that could occur at the end of tracks. However, due to limitations, I couldn't eliminate them entirely, but any instances should be much shorter now. Just redownload it at the link above.

Is it possible for you to come up with a guide on this?
The current method isn't too complex, albeit somewhat tedious, but it has marked issues with track length that can cause long stretches of silence to occur, as noted. This is a fairly glaring issue, so I'll post instructions once I can figure out a way to circumvent the problem.

I just need the boss theme back.

Can we get one that just does that? Please
If you just want the Abandon All boss track replacement, only extract 666327332.wem from this pack.

Upvote 0
The current method isn't too complex, albeit somewhat tedious, but it has marked issues with track length that can cause long stretches of silence to occur, as noted. This is a fairly glaring issue, so I'll post instructions once I can figure out a way to circumvent the problem.
That may be my problem. I was testing out changing the menu theme, converted that to .wav, then .wem, but it never worked. Hrm.

Upvote 0
Any update on how to exactly accomplish this?

I'm continuously stuck on converting a .wav to .wem, and just getting no music when I try to change the menu theme.
The following is the tutorial I've written up including links to the tools I used, but be aware, there's still no way to overcome the fixed track length issue. Your track replacements should be of fairly equal length to the originals or else the game will play long stretches of silence if they're too short or cut your replacement off mid-track if it's too long.

The first step is to convert the songs you want into WEM format. Use the tools and instructions provided here under Step 2:
[url]http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2qgjw0/summoner_announcer_packs_a_tutorial/[/URL]

You now need to rename your output WEM files to replace the original KF2 tracks. This is where things get tedious. KF2's music WEM files are located in the following directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC\WwiseAudio\Windows

However, they all use generic number names. In order to determine which numbers correspond to which in-game tracks, you need to open the "WwiseDefaultBank_WW_MACT_Default.txt" and "WwiseDefaultBank_WW_MAMB_Default.txt" text files, corresponding to the wave "Action" and Trader "Ambient" music. In either text file, scroll down to the "Streamed Audio ID" section. There, you'll see numbers paired with a KF2 track name on each line. These are the numbers that correspond to the generic WEM file names in the aforementioned directory.

For example, if you want to replace the instrumental version of Demon Hunter's Collapsing, you can see in "WwiseDefaultBank_WW_MACT_Default.txt" that "MUS_DH_Collapsing_Inst" is named "1068004181". Rename your output WEM file to "1068004181.wem" and paste it into the directory, overwriting the original. The game will now play your custom track. If you replace the instrumental versions, be sure you have vocals disabled in the Audio options.

Upvote 0