• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forced max players?

Dedicated

Dedicated

With the second step of this. Where you put the .ini file in the my documents folder, would this need to be done on every client that connects to the server. Or is this mod run server side only. I didn't see the folder in My Documents on my dedicated server, and was curious if I could get this working. Thanks for your help with this! You are doing amazing work

Upvote 0
Well during early access beta I made this mod: [url]http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/KF2MaxPlayers.rar[/URL]
Although it does not fix scoreboard/lobby menu to show 6+ players.

Maybe someday IF I decide to get the actual game I could make an actual mod for this.

Just tried it and good news - it's working!

For dedicated server you need to do pretty much the same with minor changes.

Put KFMaxPlayers.u in %server_root%\KFGame\BrewedPC
Put KFMaxPlayers.ini in %server_root%\KFGame\Config\

Add 2 lines in PCServer-KFGame.ini at [KFGame.KFGameEngine] so it looks like

[KFGame.KFGameEngine]
ServerActors=IpDrv.WebServer
ServerActors=KFMaxPlayers.KFMaxPlayers

and start the server.

Upvote 0
i might be not able to spoil but here's the first mega server with 25 slots
in case you don't know , way to join is F3->Open 46.105.121.127
banner_560x95.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can someone figure out how to make this show the actual server capacity and the actual amount of players on the Server Browser?

I saw a server running a 32 slot game last night and it listed as such on the Browser, but all I could find after the server closed was this thread which lets us do just that but without the Server Browser acknowledging others...

Makes it very hard to get more players considering the vast majority probably have no full servers listed in the filters...

Tl;Dr: Can anyone get the Server Browser to state the actual player capacity/active players, it is possible, I saw a server doing it last night.

Upvote 0