• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Questions for really pro players only

DeadPlayer123

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Ok, I consider to be an veteran already, but I still seeing some stuff I dont know how to do it :

1) Yesterday I did something to patriarc that just made him permanent limping and running very very slow, the result was an easy kill, but I have no idea on how we did, I puted a lot of c4 on him and hit some rgps, maybe he was "heavy" ? Or this is an bug ?

2) It seems the hams "kill by fall" is still working, but its not easy to do like before, do anyone have success killing him that way trying to do it ?

3) Killing hams with out medic, bezerker in your team is kind of impossible for me right now, maybe with hs gunslinger, but definitely not with SWAT, commando, support etc, do anyone are having success killing 6p hams when you left solo against it, using commando for example ? Using hammer for parring maybe ?

4) As bezerker when cornered by 3 Fps I saw a guy that could just jump over the fps and run away using the hammer, I am not sure on how he did that, maybe just waiting the right time for jump parrying ?

5) Do anyone have a way to "predict" witch boss will fight before it appers ? I know about the statistics but I wander if there is a way to 100% predict it.

Last edited:
i'm probably in a similar area, not a pro but seasoned, around 650hours, i don't have your answers but i guess it's worth discussing.

1) were you alone? i've seen this sometimes but don't know what exactly caused it, maybe snare, zerk emp stack also works on him to prevent his heal.

2) it's been reported that firing a rpg on him while he's on emp works for this, maybe there is something odd with falling damage math, since some people have reported getting killed by falling zeds while on full HP. not the same issue, but could be related.

3) Solo sounds very very hard but not impossible, it would require an insane control of timings/terrain and if possible baiting specific attacks, the main problem is that he takes too long to reset incaps, commando is probably the worst possible since you only have stumble, ive had some luck with swat and GS since they have snare/snare and speed. To sum it up hans offense might be too relentless for a single player, 1 mistake can get you killed, but i'll admit i have not dedicated myself to train hard enough this situation since the last few updates.

On the other hand when having multiple players regardless of perks works decently as long as you keep him switching targets and healing them. also deciding to use your ammo on breaking the shield or not depending on the team can make a difference, overall you don't have enough ammo to magdump, and all forms of ammo refill makes you lose some time that can get teammates killed.

4) was that on level ground or did he have some height?. parry jump could work in the right angle but going all the way over a FP seems like hard to replicate unless there is a bug, will keep an eye out never the less, sounds interesting.

Upvote 0
Hi Random thanks for replying !

random;n2276052 said:
1) were you alone? i've seen this sometimes but don't know what exactly caused it, maybe snare, zerk emp stack also works on him to prevent his heal.
I wasent alone, I remember we had 1 bezerker, and 1 gunslinger, and I as demo, I dont remember about the others. I filled the patriarc with at least 7 c4s and hit him a few times with rockets, I could not repeat this yet, but I am gonna try that.

random;n2276052 said:
2) it's been reported that firing a rpg on him while he's on emp works for this, maybe there is something odd with falling damage math, since some people have reported getting killed by falling zeds while on full HP. not the same issue, but could be related.
Emp effect ? That sounds interesting, have to try it out !

random;n2276052 said:
3) Solo sounds very very hard but not impossible, it would require an insane control of timings/terrain and if possible baiting specific attacks, the main problem is that he takes too long to reset incaps, commando is probably the worst possible since you only have stumble, ive had some luck with swat and GS since they have snare/snare and speed. To sum it up hans offense might be too relentless for a single player, 1 mistake can get you killed, but i'll admit i have not dedicated myself to train hard enough this situation since the last few updates.
I dont have problems to kill hams on solo since it has so little hp and his damage is also small, but in multiplayer with 6 players its being very hard if your team dies, even if hams has little life left its so hard to deal with the high damage and trying to parry him with commando, sharpshooter, firebug, demolition and swat, I saw some players using the hammer for parrying, I need to try it out a few times but I dont know, right now I think this is an problem in the balance of the game boss fights.

random;n2276052 said:
4) was that on level ground or did he have some height?. parry jump could work in the right angle but going all the way over a FP seems like hard to replicate unless there is a bug, will keep an eye out never the less, sounds interesting.
It happens in a corner of the containment station on the main sallon ( the one with electric engine ), I was thinking about that today, I guess the trick is to jump parry one FP at the same moment the other(s) is punching you in the perpendicular direction, that way you could get some space to get pushed up, I dont think this is an bug since its handled by an physic engine. I was doing the zed wars challenge today and I had some opportunities to see that happening, just need to get the right way to do it ( this challenge is by the way an nice way to train for that kind of stuff ).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Am just a seasoned with salt and peppers.

1) There is a skill for GS that can slow zeds down with headshotting, SWAT can slow zeds down by shooting their legs iirc. Patriarch can heal himself instantly when he gets bumped (hugging / kissing) constantly by players so having some room and hit with slow effect does help the team.

3) It is hard when you're left alone, but hans has this particular weakness to explosives especially when his shield is up it's easy to break it with explosives but otherwise kiting him really takes effort.

4) Fleshpound attacks do make a player jumps a bit as a knockback, that player took advantage of that and jump while getting hit once to get away. It's better than just running and get hit twice or more.

5) No one can predict, it's 50% chance but afaik, it's not influenced by anything other than just RNG.

Upvote 0
1) swat snare doesn't require to shoot at the legs, is just more effective that way, i haven't bothered to confirm what effective means in this case, could be it works with less shots, either way i just go for headshots to not lose damage, my bet so far goes to emp stack, it's the number 1 cause of early patty kills i see.

3) yeah, for solo i meant 1 player vs 6p boss, 2 players with good coordination is still hard but more doable, 1 player is very hard, blocks can help every now and then, but his damage output is too much most of the time, for example KF1 patty could be dealt in a number of ways in but most of them acted on a "rinse and repeat" basis, which is a lot harder to do against hans.

Edit: went to test a bit, and the parry does indeed work wonders offperk for defense(more than expected), but then it becomes a problem of time/ratio, you have to defend for about 15-20 seconds or around 7 attacks (times he catches up, not individual hits), then you have 3-5 seconds at worst to do some damage, and he can still chip away with bullets/nades. probably doable but extremely bothersome, the attacks ratio should be tweaked, it's too much zeker oriented.

Edit 2: MWG is still great against him, but mostly on perk, even with nerfs and most skills not working on it, it's great for defense/stalling, buys lots of time and lets you avoid almost completely his melee charge. also great as support to buy more time to shield break.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2276139 said:
Thanks guys thats a lot of info.
I wander if anybody knows how to do the commando reload cancellation by fire like this guy do : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk0v_jguxw8 , like at 9:37 ? Is this legit ? If so how to do it ? Simple firing dosent work...

Seems like this guy after pressing reload he hold the fire button? Gotta test this.

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2276139 said:
Thanks guys thats a lot of info.
I wander if anybody knows how to do the commando reload cancellation by fire like this guy do : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk0v_jguxw8 , like at 9:37 ? Is this legit ? If so how to do it ? Simple firing dosent work...

I'm not too fond of that type of exploit so i haven't tried to master it. thats a bash cancel cancel, you press bash and fire pretty much at the same time while letting go of the bash button soon or it will come out, timing is a bit trickier than other cancels. the easier version involves binding both to the same key.

edit: found another easier way, it's pretty much the same but the details makes a lot of difference, holding fire wil prevent the bash from coming out, so you can hold fire for a bit while letting go of the bash, you can take a fraction of a second or a whole mag, same principle but a lot more forgiving than if you only tap fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
random;n2276143 said:
I'm not too fond of that type of exploit so i haven't tried to master it. thats a bash cancel cancel, you press bash and fire pretty much at the same time while letting go of the bash button soon or it will come out, timing is a bit trickier than other cancels. the easier version involves binding both to the same key.

edit: found another easier way, it's pretty much the same but the details makes a lot of difference, holding fire wil prevent the bash from coming out, so you can hold fire for a bit while letting go of the bash, you can take a fraction of a second or a whole mag, same principle but a lot more forgiving than if you only tap fire.

Thanks mate, it works :)

Upvote 0
after testing it some more i'm starting to like it, it's a great reload cancel for weapons that have an unnecessarily arbitrary time to be able to start firing again, consist mostly of slowly recentering the weapon.

On the other hand for dualies it feels plain cheap being able to reload 2 weapons with 1 clip.

Upvote 0