• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

holdout mode

Buzzkillinton

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 5, 2016
www.gametracker.com
Word of advice for the new mode on sui or hoe..dont even try to play GS or sharps, complete waste of time. also, if your team doesnt have a medic you have 0 chance. this is a straight meat grinder..yo0u wants all the close support classes and commandos with stoners. period. that said, its chaotic as hell and fun, just again, no sharps or GS.

infntnub;n2290115 said:
Oh.. I really like that.

TWI can we rename the mode to Meat Grinder? That sounds so much better than Holdout. :D

p.s. I have used C4 more this week than I have the past year lol

yeah.. medic + surv with heal nades and m79 or m203...zerker, support, demo, manndo with stoner or swat for trash...or even firebug..all are excellent for this mode. you are gonna be in close to big zeds all the time and being overrun with trash. intense and fun, unless your are a SS or GS, then you will be in the corner crying.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2290100 said:
Sharp actually can be useful on taking big guys (especially with freeze nade that can cool down the preasure) but yeh, gs will be borderline worthless in the meat grinder.

not really, way way too much trash pressure and constant movement for sharps. well, maybe with a coordinated team that can really try to keep the trash off him, but in a pug, no. you'd be way better off with a demo. sharps just wont be able to do enough with all the trash to help the team enough otherwise.

Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2290126 said:
hah,yeah, there is no holding out. this is a shoot and scoot team mode..i'd be down for renaming it meat grinder also lol

You have a good point. Meat grinder is a great idea for the name, it does really fit well. A mode called holdout really does bring to mind being stuck in a specific area with nowhere to run or escape to.

Upvote 0
I feel like it should continue to be called Survival, as it really is. Map name doesn't matter, but the fact that it is literally still just survival, with a different map, I think it should remain the way it is. There's nothing different about this, and it's far from a 'sub-mode'. It's literally just a map with holes in the ground and a handful of small rooms.

Reactions: clconx
Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2290125 said:
not really, way way too much trash pressure and constant movement for sharps. well, maybe with a coordinated team that can really try to keep the trash off him, but in a pug, no. you'd be way better off with a demo. sharps just wont be able to do enough with all the trash to help the team enough otherwise.

They could go with a railgun+p90 kind of loadout, and just quickly crouch+headshot the scrakes when necessary

Upvote 0