• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you expect in next update?

Let me start off by saying that Killing Floor has been a giant staple in my gaming career, and can be traced as far back as early high school when it was just a mod. That being said, any negative things I say could never shadow the amount of fun, the great memories, and the buckets of gore that both Killing Floor and Killing Floor 2 have successfull provided over the course of the last decade (and then some). I'm just some clown on a computer, everyone is a critic, and I know nothing about developing games, therefore, everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. However, there's definitely some things I would like to see.

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm surprised there's not as many people complaining about the patch, as overall, it seems extremely underwhelming. What would I like to see in the next update? I want new maps, new gamemodes, new bosses, and a larger variety of medic weapons.

Maps: A lot of the maps are carried over from Killing Floor, a community member, etc. Most of the maps that we've experienced, aren't something we haven't previously experienced. I want something brand new from Trip Wire. Something that hasn't been running on other servers and isn't something we've seen in the previous Killing Floor. I find there to be an overall lack of good maps with themes such as aquariums, water parks, government buildings like the White House, space, department stores, schools, suburban neighborhoods, etc. Possibly those could be some good starting points?

Gamemodes: The most underwhelming part of the current content update, was the new 'sub-mode'. It's just a new map literally a new map that calls for some new strategizing, and makes some perks much harder to use. This was probably the most disappointing part of the update for me, though it was kind of the driving force of the entire update. A map with holes in the ground with a change of scenery and layout. I was hoping for more of a dungeony, rogue-ish, game mode. Not survival with holes.

Bosses: I know the game has only officially been out for like, 5-6 months, but it spent a good amount of time in early access. Truthfully, I think the game should have left early access with no less than three bosses. It's a solid number and allows for more variety. The entire game boils down to ONE moment, and that's the boss fight. Either you win or lose and that's all determined by the boss. The entire point of the game is to make it to the final boss wave. How can it be acceptable to only have two?

Medic: This class really needs a few more weapons. The current arsenal is by no means bad, but when you're adding weapons to perks that already have more than the medic, that just stinks. I certainly enjoy running the medic, but I feel as though it could definitely use a bit more. Even if it's another pistol, SMG, or rifle, though something new would be much better. Maybe dual medic pistols? Dual medic SMG's? An explosive-launcher of some sort that can also dispense more effective healing grenades? Something!

Versus Mode Overhaul: One aspect of the game that I can't help but think is terribly under-utilized is the versus mode. There's so much potential here. I never though a game that runs on a co-op premise as such could have a killer versus mode, but Left 4 Dead left me eating my own words. There's a lot of potential for a highly competitive PvP mode in Killing Floor 2, but it seems as though it was a mode that just got rushed and has since, seen no real popularity. I don't have concrete suggestions that I can throw at anyone off the top of my head, but I'm sure with some brainstorming, there's something that could be done.

Again though, these are all just points that surface after me being hyper-critical and underwhelmed with the new content update. There's nothing bad about the update at all. Any addition to Killing Floor is great, unless it's like game breaking, which this isn't. I just can't shake the sense of being terribly underwhelmed yesterday upon updating and hopping on with my five buddies to play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I want game mechanics that make the gameplay less shallow.

All the new guns were just generic pewpews that added nothing in terms of interesting combos/takedowns. It's all about visual effects, hectic running around and spam. In an organized team it gets boring quickly. Pop heads, again and again and that's pretty much it.

The game matrix offers so much potential (afflictions to different hitzones) but this is not much used. Why are you making that game so shallow? Why?

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2289815 said:
Honestly a full blown holdout style mappack that consist of 3-4 maps

Im not sure how complicated it would be, but it would be very interesting if they made a holdout map that took parts from the existing maps and threaded them together. Like the command room from outpost, and the main basement area in volter manor, and other such memorable areas that wouldn't be too hard to enclose and package into a holdout map. In my opinion it would be awesome to have a "Tour of the maps" kind of experience".

As far as new weapons, I think Demo and Medic or support could best benefit from new additions.

Support could use a shotgun that uses slugs. No spread, and probably not as much penetration, but the single target damage and stun/stumble/knockdown power could be increased. The slug rounds could also have a potentially higher headshot bonus since it is a single large round.

Perhaps a revolver style grenade launcher for demo, as that would be a great addition in my opinion (most of the weapons are single shot reload). It could be balanced by either having slightly lower damage or a very limited ammo capacity, but would be great for times when there are a steady stream of zeds coming.

My first though when thinking of the medic would be a medic version of the M79 grenade launcher but with medic grenades. The length of the cloud effect could be reduced for this and the damage to zeds could be increased so that it is a viable weapon. To balance it out you could make it weigh more so that you wouldn't be able to carry as many weapons as a medic, (like you currently can). Another Idea would be a medic "Flamethrower" that sprays the healing cloud out instead of flames.

These of course are not additions that I really expect to happen (aside from the slug round for support as that could really fit in well in certain scenarios), they were just the first things I thought of when thinking what possible weapons could be introduced that would be different enough to not be copy pastes of existing weapons.

Upvote 0
imnrk;n2290127 said:
All I want is a cooldown on Hans melee attacks

i HATE hans. he is WAY WAY too agile + small target for the amount of damage he puts out+his health pool. hitting him with a RPG or rail gun is a 50/50 proposition at best from anything other than really close range. he literally has no downside. at least patty is a pretty big target.

Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2290132 said:
i HATE hans. he is WAY WAY too agile + small target for the amount of damage he puts out+his health pool. hitting him with a RPG or rail gun is a 50/50 proposition at best from anything other than really close range. he literally has no downside. at least patty is a pretty big target.

Yeah I mostly play solo, so I need to kite bosses. I always pray I get patty. If you try to kite hans he will just rush you to death, unless you do cheap tactics.

Upvote 0
imnrk;n2290149 said:
Yeah I mostly play solo, so I need to kite bosses. I always pray I get patty. If you try to kite hans he will just rush you to death, unless you do cheap tactics.

Hans is definitely hard to keep away from in Single Player, though I honestly can't say which boss I hate more in SP mode.

When it comes to multiplayer, hans is almost too easy if you have a decent team, since you can kill his shields. I find that we have a much harder time killing patty before he is able to heal.

Upvote 0
legolas141;n2290151 said:
Hans is definitely hard to keep away from in Single Player, though I honestly can't say which boss I hate more in SP mode.

When it comes to multiplayer, hans is almost too easy if you have a decent team, since you can kill his shields. I find that we have a much harder time killing patty before he is able to heal.

in SP hans is easy with alot of weapons, RPG, evicerator, railgun. i can usually just kill him in a minute or 3 so long as i dont let him heal.

Upvote 0