• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There is nothing to do after you hit level 25 with all perks

Radio4ctive;n2289364 said:
You cant just play for fun? I level up all my perks on max level long time ago but i still have a fun playing with my friends. But i think adding prestige option is a good idea.

Its hard to explain but when there is nothing to achieve... nothing to get better at, nothing to upgrade, unlock, discover... game just becomes boring to me.
I think it is problem of us RPG lovers who dont like coop games like CS:GO, but loves playing Borderlands etc. with friends :D .
Naturally perks cant be leveled infinitely and reseting them would not help (except for payday - like resets where reseting actually gives you something).
Prestige would be great. And if prestige levels gave us some minor bonuses like stats, drops, crafting materials etc. it would be even better.

Upvote 0
Veny;n2289369 said:
Its hard to explain but when there is nothing to achieve... nothing to get better at, nothing to upgrade, unlock, discover... game just becomes boring to me.
I think it is problem of us RPG lovers who dont like coop games like CS:GO, but loves playing Borderlands etc. with friends :D .
Naturally perks cant be leveled infinitely and reseting them would not help (except for payday - like resets where reseting actually gives you something).
Prestige would be great. And if prestige levels gave us some minor bonuses like stats, drops, crafting materials etc. it would be even better.

Everything except stats.

Upvote 0
Valkyrie_pl;n2289373 said:
Did you also finish all maps with all perks on all difficulties? If anything, you can just preoccupy yourself with achievements until there's more content.

I'm on PS4. Currently there is no trophy for beating HOE on every map.

Honestly a simple prestige option adding a * next to your icon would go a loooong way to replayability.

Upvote 0
It has been brought up many times already, but still, it wont hurt to give another thread a +1 I suppose.

I'm all for this...

Prestige please. I would guess it's something that is somewhat simple to implement?

Although I wonder if it would be retroactive. Is the game somehow still tracking XP in the background somewhere after you hit 25?

Upvote 0
It used to be in KF (1) and in this version (at least until they made demo super-man) that if you got good at the game you could help out newcomers or those having difficulty clearing HoE maps. But since the game is too easy now there is no point. There have been no games I can remember since the one or two updates prior to leaving EA that you get teams being downed and needing a player who can solo a wave to keep the team in the game!

Im not sure if thats completely a positive or somewhat of a negative (for us hoe vets), but whatever it is I rarely play the game now and literally no one on my friends list plays it more than enough to get the free crate. Something I cant even be bothered with tbh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2289481 said:
It used to be in KF (1) and in this version (at least until they made demo super-man) that if you got good at the game you could help out newcomers or those having difficulty clearing HoE maps. But since the game is too easy now there is no point. There have been no games I can remember since the one or two updates prior to leaving EA that you get teams being downed and needing a player who can solo a wave to keep the team in the game!

Ya know... until I read that I failed to even realize that, myself.

You really do not see this happening in KF2 the way it did in KF1. The need to "clutch" a wave for your team seemed to be a regular occurence in the first game.

I'm not really sure it made the game better, but man were those moments a rush when you managed to save the day... :)

Of course laughter would ensue on teamspeak the moment you failed miserably, lol.

Upvote 0
Bluntman420;n2289628 said:
I have everything at 25 and all achievements. Even after about 1500 hours I still have fun mainly because of custom maps, mutators, and playing with friends. To each their own! I do think leveling is too easy in this game though. I did like KF1's leveling system more imo.

no offence, but thats easy to say when youve cranked in 1500 hours into a game.

i think leveling should take much less time.

Upvote 0
Once you hit level 25 with your perks, did you get all the achievements? I'm an achievement junkie most of the time, so maybe it means nothing to you, but I'm excited to get everyone to 25 and get all of those achievements. Have you played PvP? Just a couple suggestions, but I certainly understand where you're coming from.

I definitely think adding some achievements would help. The current achievements don't require you to actually try too hard at anything. Obviously there's a challenge in completing all the maps on 'Hell on Earth' difficulty, but I think something like the 'kill 30 without reloading' as mentioned above would be great. The achievements, though there are many, are somewhat mindless and easy to achieve, and don't offer anything to spice up your play style.

Beyond that, I don't think a prestige would do much, unless there were additional perks for each prestige. A game that is, for the most part, strictly co-op, doesn't have the appeal that something competitive might, in terms of rankings/levels. A shiny badge or higher number just seems useless in a game like this. However, maybe increasing the level cap by five on every content update, with a perk or benefit for doing so, would help.

KF2 does have fairly easy leveling, though, that ultimately depends on what you're playing, who you're playing with, etc. I'm always playing with five of my friends, and several of us have played Killing Floor since it was a mod. I think the pacing to get to max level is completely fine though. I've sunk 109 hours into my account so far, and don't even have every class at 15 yet.

Someone definitely needs to look at adding some content beyond the current level 25 cap though, in my opinion. I've been slowly creeping up on it, and I'm scared that once it hits, I'll have completed all the achievements with nothing to work towards. That being said, the game itself is certainly solid, and can hold its own with nothing else to achieve, but it's just nice to know that there's still more to work towards after sinking hundreds of hours into something.

Upvote 0