• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Zed-time bugged?

Fok

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2017
Hello. ive notice that sometimes for some seconds i can move in real time or reload the gun extremely fast (even if i dont have such skills yet) when the zed time happens. idk if that happens for all the characters or maybe the last skills of some perks (bers. and swat) have bugged mechanics. did that happened to any of u too? is a known issue?

edit: yeah i just noticed i posted that in wrong directory :/

Last edited:
It is intentional.

Fok;n2287305 said:
Hello. ive notice that sometimes for some seconds i can move in real time

If there are no zeds nearby, you can move as normal in zed time, and when there are zeds spawn/walk nearby, you will feel the effect normally.

Fok;n2287305 said:
or reload the gun extremely fast (even if i dont have such skills yet) when the zed time happens.

That happens with some perk such as Gunslinger or Survivalist.

Upvote 0
Tagasaki;n2287313 said:
It is intentional.

If there are no zeds nearby, you can move as normal in zed time, and when there are zeds spawn/walk nearby, you will feel the effect normally.

That happens with some perk such as Gunslinger or Survivalist.

No i dont mean the passive skills some perks may have. it happened to me with swat for example (not lvl 25 so im not using zed time skill). For that normal move when zeds are not close, i had no idea. I must be always surrounded by zeds.. So maybe is that.
Both happens when the zed time begins and only for the first 1-2 seconds if that helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fok;n2287324 said:
no i dont mean for the passive skills some perks may have. it happens to me with swat for example (not lvl 25 so im not using zed time skill). For that normal move when zeds are not close, i had no idea so maybe is that. Both happens when the zed time begins and only for 1-2 seconds if that helps.

As tagaski said it's intentional, if there are no zeds nearby and zed time kicks in, you will move in real time and reload in real time, hell even shoot in real time.

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2287445 said:
I have noticed this more than usual lately - pretty surprised to hear it was always this way (and intended to be).

Good to know...

Isn't it hilarious how quite a few game mechanics never get mentioned, at all? For example the rail guns double damage if not using the targeting system. Or this. I always thought this was a bug when I moved and shot in real time during ZT. I learned all those infos outside of the game by pure luck. Would be nice if the game actually tells you stuff like this, especially important stuff like the rail gun case.

Upvote 0
I'm not a Robot;n2287448 said:
Isn't it hilarious how quite a few game mechanics never get mentioned, at all? For example the rail guns double damage if not using the targeting system. Or this. I always thought this was a bug when I moved and shot in real time during ZT. I learned all those infos outside of the game by pure luck. Would be nice if the game actually tells you stuff like this, especially important stuff like the rail gun case.

Someone didn't read, railgun's damage was mentioned in changelogs when it was in a balancing stage. that how much damage it does when it's on aimbot mode, how long it takes for it to lock on.
I think it was even mentioned when it was announced.
But i will agree it needs a description that it does 50% less damage when in lockon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2287452 said:
Someone didn't read, railgun's damage was mentioned in changelogs when it was in a balancing stage. that how much damage it does when it's on aimbot mode, how long it takes for it to lock on.
I think it was even mentioned when it was announced.
But i will agree it needs a description that it does 50% less damage when in lockon.

I wasn't around when the rail gun got introduced or balanced. It needs an ingame description at the trader. It's hilarious. I still meet people that not know about this.

Reactions: Fok and s5yn3t
Upvote 0
I'm not a Robot;n2287454 said:
I wasn't around when the rail gun got introduced or balanced. It needs an ingame description at the trader. It's hilarious. I still meet people that not know about this.

indeed. i m very new in this forum and i never bothered to read the changes of any upgrade (as many people i think out there). So i found, before some days, that i can actually one shot scrakes. its kind of embarrassing.. lol :rolleyes::p

Upvote 0
I'm not a Robot;n2287454 said:

Agreed. Should at least not be the default fire mode. Who on earth would assume that the default fire mode has a 50% damage nerf?

I recommend reading KF_STATS for the nitty gritty of how the game mechanics actually work.

Upvote 0
TheTCREngineer;n2287833 said:
Yea, why it doesn't tell you any of this is absurd. Why is there no game manuals like back in the good old days? Changelogs should only be for updates.

And it makes the game look bad. People ask themselves "Why do I move in real time now? Is this game bugged?" or "Why is this tier 4 rail gun so utter garbage?" I heard the last line very often, by the way. Very, very important stuff in regards to guns should never, ever be hidden behind some changelogs ages ago. There should be a big, red, glowing warning that the lock-on mode makes the rail gun crappy.

Upvote 0