• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

precious skins

darksteel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2017
hello i am new here. and this seems like the best place to post this topic.

is there a way determine the value of a precious skin? my understanding is that there are not many in existence. and depending on what the item actually is the value will probably vary a lot. hypothetically, let's assume i have a golden crossbow i'd like to sell. it's going to be worth much more than a golden welder, for example. as i am writing this there is one such crossbow on the steam market for sale, at 269,92€. so not a lot to go on. and who would even spend that much money?

basically, how do you determine what a precious item is really worth. does tripwire have any information on this or is it simply up to the seller?

Hello darksteel - welcome to the board!

To answer your question, it's the same for KF2 precious skins as it is for anything else on the Steam market.

Supply vs Demand.

If you want to price to sell quickly try something in the 70-85 dollar range. As crazy as that is, I see precious items sell on a pretty regular basis in that range.

If you're not in a big rush to sell and see you have one of the only precious variations of an item shoot for 150-200 and let it sit. At the least you may get some offers which will help you decide whether to reduce the price.

I've seen precious RPG's go for 300+ and precious AA12's go for 200+..

If you have a very common precious skin (crovel, shotgun, etc) or a general t1 weapon you may likely get less money.

All of these prices are ridiculous but it goes to show there are some players out there who really want the items.

Happy selling.

Upvote 0