• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

killing floor 2 mutate problem

You probably don't actually want the source code unless you're planning on altering the mod or learning something from the mod. The source code files have the .uc extension. When these files are compiled, a .u file is created. This is the file that you need to use the mod.

To use the mod for solo, put the .u file in Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC. If one of these folders doesn't exist, create it - I'd only expect Published and onwards to possibly not exist. To run the mod, open the console using the ` key (just above the tab key), and type:
Code:
open KF-MapName?Game=PackageName.GameInfoName?Mutator=PackageName.MutatorName
where you'd replace "MapName" with the name of the map you want to play, "PackageName" with the name of the mod package (folder, essentially), GameInfoName with the name of the custom GameInfo class used in the mod, and MutatorName with the name of the custom Mutator class used in the mod.

An example: ProjectOneV3. The name of the package is ProjectOneV3, the name of the GameInfo class is KFGameInfo_ProjectOne, and the name of the Mutator class is ProjectOneMut. If you wanted to play Burning Paris, the map name would be BurningParis. The console command would be:
Code:
open KF-BurningParis?Game=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne?Mutator=ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut
Another example: SomeTestMap. The package is SomeTestMap, the name of the GameInfo class is SomeTestMap, there is no mutator class, and the name of the map is SomeTestMap. The console command would be:
Code:
open KF-SomeTestMap?Game=SomeTestMap.SomeTestMap
Note that not all mods will have both a Mutator class and a GameInfo class. You can only have one GameInfo mod running at once, but you can have multiple Mutator mods at once. Here's how you would run two mutators at once:
Code:
open KF-Outpost?Mutator=PackageName1.MutatorName1,PackageName2.MutatorName2
As you can see, you separate them by commas.

Some mods will have a config (.ini) file that you can use to edit some of the values used in the mod. The .ini file goes in Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config.

To use the mod for your server, put the .u file in kf2server\KFGame\BrewedPC. To actually run the mod, you'll need to edit the launch command in your KF2Server.bat (or whatever .bat you're using to start your server). For ProjectOneV3 on Burning Paris, the launch command would be:
Code:
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver KF-BurningParis?Game=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne
Notice that the mutator isn't specified here. Instead, mutators are added via ServerActors, which can be done either through WebAdmin or in the PCServer-KFGame.ini file, which is in kf2server\KFGame\Config. If doing it via the .ini, the section to look in is [KFGame.KFGameEngine]. You'll probably already see one entry for ServerActors in there. Make a new line in that section, and type:
Code:
ServerActors=PackageName.MutatorName
For ProjectOneV3, this would be:
Code:
ServerActors=ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut
Add a ServerActors entry for each mutator that you want to run. You can stop running these mods on your server by removing them from ServerActors and from the launch command.

The config files for your mods go in kf2server\KFGame\Config.

And that is how you install a mod (for Windows). I don't know the directories for other operating systems. You said that some mutators don't work properly. That could be either due to not installing them correctly, or because the mods are not compatible with the current version of KF2. Some mods will break when TWI release an update. If the mods that weren't working are ServerExt or HardModeBoss, you'll be glad to know that Marco (the author of those mods) just released an update for them that makes them compatible with the current version of KF2.

If you are in fact wanting to know how to recompile a mod from the source code, let me know.

PS: you can add more options to you console commands to specify things like the difficulty and number of waves. Just add this to the end of your command:
Code:
?Difficulty=3?GameLength=1
Difficulty can be 0, 1, 2 or 3, for Normal, Hard, Suicidal and Hell on Earth, respectively. GameLength can be 0, 1 or 2, for Short, Medium and Long, respectively. The example I showed would be 7 waves on Hell on Earth. So if you wanted to run ProjectOneV3 on Evacuation Point on Hell on Earth with 7 waves, the command would be:
Code:
open KF-EvacuationPoint?Game=ProjectOneV3.KFGameInfo_ProjectOne?Mutator=ProjectOneV3.ProjectOneMut?Difficulty=3?GameLength=1

Last edited:
Reactions: Patros
Upvote 0