• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What happened to the KF2 post launch reviews?

There was no real content released or hype generated, no viral marketing, not even a new map. Most people who didn't know about this game during early access still don't.

The game will begun to grow now in a big way, as we finally expand the arsenal and polish the game up, but for now the fact that it's "out" means nothing, it's the same game without the early access tag anymore. Again, not much hype was generated, there was minimal marketing like "hey look ps3."

I'm betting next update when the weapons, new Gorefast, and whatever else is released will attract far more players than the actual launch.

Upvote 0
Most French websites actually reviewed the game lately... They didn't talk about it very much during beta, but it got a full review eventually ...And most of them are praising it! I don't know if they'll talk about the game as the updates roll out though...

Also, you can't help but accept that Killing Floor is kind of a "niche" serie... Most average players won't find it very interesting.

Upvote 0
Oy The Destroyer;n2280468 said:
There was no real content released or hype generated, no viral marketing, not even a new map. Most people who didn't know about this game during early access still don't.

I'm betting next update when the weapons, new Gorefast, and whatever else is released will attract far more players than the actual launch.

This sums pretty much everything. Nothing was new for the so-called "Launch" apart from the Survivalist perk, which was pretty bland and filler because of no new weapons (and being a little of everything already put), and the fact that we didn't have any new maps, is another reason.

Upvote 0
Tumbs!;n2280482 said:
This sums pretty much everything. Nothing was new for the so-called "Launch" apart from the Survivalist perk, which was pretty bland and filler because of no new weapons (and being a little of everything already put), and the fact that we didn't have any new maps, is another reason.

The release was just a line in the "development" sand. To mark the end of EA and the start of post-release support. Whatever that maybe. :)

TW are not a AAA studio. Even if the game is as close too being a AAA game as you can get from an indie, its not gonna have a triple AAA type release.

Upvote 0
Reclusiarch;n2280609 said:
It was a really nice touch to do a timeline of the franchise to the very beginnings :)

Yeah, I thought so too. Didn't see any other reviewers delving in depth on KF's history (although I really didn't scratch the surface but needed to keep the video brief rather than having it over bloated) so I though i'd go for something a little different. I'm also planning a collaboration video detailing the whole KF history with one of the forum regulars on here. We just need to iron out all the details and agree on a format. Looking forward to it, it'll be fun. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
infntnub;n2280715 said:
I know this doesn't exactly pertain to reviews, but in regards to expanding the player base post-launch.. I was happy to see a few ads on youtube over the weekend.

That's good to know! and it's good info, after all, I was wondering about the reviews because those would put the game on the radar for lots of people, thus expand the player base.

Upvote 0
Kittenmittens;n2280856 said:

Yeah, I knew IGN did a review, but only for the ps4 version, and they didn't even made an effort to show the review on the frontpage... in other words: they made an half-a**ed job, and they are a disgrace to the gaming media (as most of the gaming media :p ).
Still, it's nice to see that there are reviews popping up around!

Upvote 0