• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lets talk about PS4 and KF2 - Part 2

Ok, so maybe this is not the most popular opinion but I registered just to say this. Larger communities are generally better in my eyes. Cross-platform between PS4 and PC has already been implemented to Portal 2, War Thunder and the upcoming Street Fighter.

It is my opinion that you should consider cross-platform as an option.

Upvote 0
Ok, so maybe this is not the most popular opinion but I registered just to say this. Larger communities are generally better in my eyes. Cross-platform between PS4 and PC has already been implemented to Portal 2, War Thunder and the upcoming Street Fighter.

It is my opinion that you should consider cross-platform as an option.

Reaaaaaaaaad

No cross platform play between PC and PS4 isn't even something we're considering. There will be too much difference between the two versions. PC will use Steam for matchmaking, PS4 will not. Additionally we want to be able to update both versions separately as needed.

It's not an option and it never will be from the way he phrases it and from a technical standpoint.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaaaaaaaaad

It's not an option and it never will be from the way he phrases it and from a technical standpoint.

He's asking if the option to use a mouse and keyboard is being considered in relation to the difficulty of the PS4 version. What you quoted talks about PC players playing with PS4 players on the same server.

Upvote 0
Q: Will there be dedicated servers for the PC?

A: Yes and a good old server browser as well, just like any good PC game should have.

Thank you! I can't wait to support one of the best game developers left! All the newer games have no dedicated servers or the server browser is just completely broke (*cough* *cough* CS:GO).

Can't wait to host Killing Floor 2 servers (default and modded servers, the way all games should be).

Thanks,
Gamemann

Upvote 0
You know, as someone who has had experience playing both Killing Floor and other various games on PC while maintaining a console clan for Call Of Duty games (My entire family plays together. Like no joke, even the 9 year old does. Irony,right?), I've come to expect a certain quality from Tripwire. I know you guys are very well concerned with the quality of your games, and by just looking at the sheer scope of this game, my ****ty little Toshiba laptop will unfortunately not be able to play KF2 as it has not been able to play Payday 2 or Metro 2033 or all these other ****ing games I bought and can't play -.-
So in order to play this game,I must either build a PC (I personally do not have much money, nor can I really on my parents to have any clue as to what to look for or give me the money to do so myself) or play it on PS4. Personally, I would love to experience this on consoles so I can give feedback for KF2 or whatever console endeavors TW finds themselves in. But considering as that Killing Floor is a PC game, my concern is not that PC will be any less awesome. You'd be a jackass to think they'd fudge up their throne. Its the PS4 version that I feel would suffer from what PC obviously has the advantage of.
The community. I mean the content community. Those who make maps, mods, and guns which so greatly added to the replay value of Killing Floor. With Steam Workshop being added to Killing Floor, there were plenty of new maps and stuff to satisfy players while Tripwire spoiled us with new content for free.
So with this in mind, I'm well aware that there will be plenty of amazing content to come from the studio, but will you guys possibly consider porting some of the more popular mods and maps (should copyright not interfere, such as the Dead Space or Aliens mods...but I wish they'd give the ok for that xD) to consoles? I mean, I would pay for them to be ported if asked to. But maybe release a couple mutators or weapons in a pack? I know you guys probably haven't really even come close to figuring much of this out, but I wanted to offer a useful suggestion to consider while you devised your marketing strategy and as someone who play both consoles, I would not mind paying for some of the communities work to show up on consoles as well.
Also, in terms of difficulty on consoles, will there be a PS4 equivalent to Hell on Earth on PC? I noticed you said there would be scaled down difficulties to PS4 and to be honest, I'm a lil offended. To quote doom guy, Hurt Me Plenty. Is there a scale or something you can use to explain how far the difficulty is scaled down?

Upvote 0
[Editing the quote down a bit...]
You'd be a jackass to think they'd fudge up their throne. Its the PS4 version that I feel would suffer from what PC obviously has the advantage of.

The community. I mean the content community. Those who make maps, mods, and guns which so greatly added to the replay value of Killing Floor. With Steam Workshop being added to Killing Floor, there were plenty of new maps and stuff to satisfy players while Tripwire spoiled us with new content for free.

So with this in mind, I'm well aware that there will be plenty of amazing content to come from the studio, but will you guys possibly consider porting some of the more popular mods and maps (should copyright not interfere, such as the Dead Space or Aliens mods...but I wish they'd give the ok for that xD) to consoles? I mean, I would pay for them to be ported if asked to.

Also, in terms of difficulty on consoles, will there be a PS4 equivalent to Hell on Earth on PC? I noticed you said there would be scaled down difficulties to PS4 and to be honest, I'm a lil offended. To quote doom guy, Hurt Me Plenty. Is there a scale or something you can use to explain how far the difficulty is scaled down?

1. Thank you - well said. Yes, we'd have to be terminally stupid to screw up the PC version.

2. Difficulty - at this time, there are no plans to "remove" any of the difficulty levels as it gets to PS4. Hell on Earth should be, well, bloody hard. Period. We aren't joking when we say that HoE is balanced to be the difficulty level that most of us in the office can't cope with. But play-testing will tell us how that works out.

3. User-generated content: yes, we've done a LOT of that on PC - and will continue to do so. Sony like the idea too. We're talking to them about it and will continue to do so. We want to do as much as possible on PS4 as well as PC. We just don't know the answers on what we'll be able to do and how we'll do it yet. But times ARE changing on the consoles - especially with Sony. So watch this space :)

Upvote 0
3. User-generated content: yes, we've done a LOT of that on PC - and will continue to do so. Sony like the idea too. We're talking to them about it and will continue to do so. We want to do as much as possible on PS4 as well as PC. We just don't know the answers on what we'll be able to do and how we'll do it yet. But times ARE changing on the consoles - especially with Sony. So watch this space :)

A console with mod/addon support sounds like a very new, odd thing to me.

Am I right in assuming that mods for the PC that get adopted as official paid-for extra content will end up on the PS4 too?

Upvote 0