• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lets talk about PS4 and KF2 - Part 2

Thank you guys for answering these questions. :)

Can someone explain the rocky RO2 launch to me? I didn't have the PC to run it back then so I never "experienced" the bad launch.

Believe me, it is just better to forget all the details, the only important thing is that TWI ended up fixing most of the problems and that they learned from those mistakes. Rising Storm and the updates to RO2 proves it.

Upvote 0
So everyone seems to wonder about what PS4 launch means for those who want to have maxed out graphic settings, I have the opposite question: What does this mean for those who have less then great PCs and just want to play it on low? My graphics card and other parts are a good 3-4 years old now and is nowhere near the power of the PS4. Will I need to upgrade to something near or at PS4 level to play KF2?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm pretty confident both the PC version and the PS4 are gonna be awesome in their respective way.

My only (minor) concern was also about cross-platform multiplayer, but I'm glad that's been cleared up.

On a side note: btw the PS4 announcement trailer was terrific!
...and Demon Hunter? Nice! I'd love some original work of theirs in KF2 OST! ;)

Upvote 0
So everyone seems to wonder about what PS4 launch means for those who want to have maxed out graphic settings, I have the opposite question: What does this mean for those who have less then great PCs and just want to play it on low? My graphics card and other parts are a good 3-4 years old now and is nowhere near the power of the PS4. Will I need to upgrade to something near or at PS4 level to play KF2?

We're still in the process of optimizing the game so we aren't ready to announce min specs yet. I will say however this isn't "out of the box" UE3, it has been heavily modified with modern and updated rendering functionality and features. So it will be more on par with other modern games regarding min specs vs older UE3 games. With that said, part of the reason we didn't jump over to UE4 when it came out was that it had much higher system requirements. So we do plan on supporting older hardware. Just not REALLY old hardware or low end laptops, like ones that can handle KF1 can handle.

Upvote 0
Loving what i'm reading, I had my illogical face-value, snap-judgement doubts but you proved me so wrong
I'm going to own a PS4 alongside my PC, so I might pick up KF2 on that as well later down the line to play with my peasant buddies
This is more of a request but like others in the thread I want to be heard on this; Please make the promotion for potential future DLC and the DLC itself less intrusive ingame and in the menus

I'm fine with DLC, especially if it supports the community/TWI to make more awesome games and enables free content, one of the defining highlights of KF1 for me, but I simply cannot agree with how the DLC was promoted/displayed
Personally it would have been fine if the video advert on the perk select menu had no audio, or if the unavailable DLC content was ordered at the bottom of the trader list out of the way, but after hours of play having an audio advert every game and the DLC (if you haven't bought it) needlessly cluttering up menus is just grating
Please take this into account moving forwards

Upvote 0
We're still in the process of optimizing the game so we aren't ready to announce min specs yet. I will say however this isn't "out of the box" UE3, it has been heavily modified with modern and updated rendering functionality and features. So it will be more on par with other modern games regarding min specs vs older UE3 games. With that said, part of the reason we didn't jump over to UE4 when it came out was that it had much higher system requirements. So we do plan on supporting older hardware. Just not REALLY old hardware or low end laptops, like ones that can handle KF1 can handle.

Thanks for quick reply.

I'll just have to keep an ear out for when you guys announce min specs.

Upvote 0
No cross platform play between PC and PS4 isn't even something we're considering. There will be too much difference between the two versions. PC will use Steam for matchmaking, PS4 will not. Additionally we want to be able to update both versions separately as needed.

Thanks for clarifying that, I'm sure a lot of people breathed a sigh of relief :D

Upvote 0
humanity.png

Thank you for all the transparency. Please deliver.

Upvote 0
I didnt see there was a part 2, so I'll post my answer here:
What worries me is how the difficulty will change to support a Ps4 version. It's barely impossible to aim fast with a controller when using an Xbow, for example. It's like playng Counter Strike on a consolle and pretending there will be the same skill level as the pc version.
That's why games like Call of Duty do not have an advanced recoil system and every single item has an assisted dot on it.
It's impossible for me to imagine an Hell on Earth map from the first KF played on a Playstation engine.

Upvote 0
I didnt see there was a part 2, so I'll post my answer here:
What worries me is how the difficulty will change to support a Ps4 version. It's barely impossible to aim fast with a controller when using an Xbow, for example. It's like playng Counter Strike on a consolle and pretending there will be the same skill level as the pc version.
That's why games like Call of Duty do not have an advanced recoil system and every single item has an assisted dot on it.
It's impossible for me to imagine an Hell on Earth map from the first KF played on a Playstation engine.

The difficulty will be a different scale on the PS4 than it is on the PC. HOE on PC won't necessarily have all the same difficulty values as HOE on PS4. They will be tuned for their respective platforms and controls.

Upvote 0