• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lets talk about PS4 and KF2

As much as i or a lot of people i know wouldn't be in the demographic it's still pretty cool to have more people experience killing floor 2 on more platforms.

It may make people want to look into the PC version or the original which would lead to more people going toward PC gaming anyway. Not to mention if done right it would set a good precedent for game development for starting on PC and then porting to console instead of trying to go the other direction (the idea being that it's a lot easier to subtract than add on after).

Either way if it doesn't effect quality and can get them a lot more development dosh to throw around then i would call it a win win.

Upvote 0
I think you should dump your PS4 version.

All the recent news out of china is that the uptake of Xbone and PS4 is very very low, and against what Sony and MS thought would be a massive market.
Meanwhile PC Gaming is out of control on china.
I Suggest you dump the PS4 and focus on PC for the Chinese market.

That's because people are not blind fanboys.

In China every piece of electronics is more expensive; why should people play PS4 when they can build a PC that performs better for cheaper price(and without having to pay for overpriced games/online subscription)?
Ps3/x360 was semi-popular in China only because they were hacked to play pirated games.

Soon, rest of the world will recognize the truth that console gaming is nothing but a husk of its former self.

To be fair, KF in China wasn't that popular until maybe 1-2 years ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My honest guess is that the gore will be around what it is now (maybe minus the new stuff they put in like jelly gibs or the flowing blood on surfaces) and they will take away from reflection quality. One thing i noticed when playing around with settings is that you can keep gore fairly high but having reflect all on really ate up performance since it's also trying to put reflections on all the blood splatter as well.

Gore will probably won't take much of a hit if any but other stuff will probably be more noticeable such as reflections and smoothing.

Upvote 0
Actually I can. It's really easy, I just don't open the forums if I don't want to, and let the community manager (Yoshiro) let me know whats happening there. But in the past year I got tired of having to avoid the forums, so we cleaned house and banned the guys that were trolls, flamers, and not contributing anything constructive to the community.

I always love reading employee's posts from Tripwire, so I appreciate the post :)

I'm probably the odd one out on this one, but any news I read that is official news from Tripwire makes me feel more connected to the game, and I get even more energized to play it, even if the news doesn't directly effect me.

As for trolls - yeah, you will get those on any company forums, but I hope you just ban those people (as you mentioned you had in one of your posts), because there are also plenty of people that appreciate what you are doing for the community and love the work you guys put out.

Keep being awesome! ^^

Upvote 0
I used to be a console gamer & PS was my console of choice. I'm extremely happy to see the main post & it's clarification of Tripwire's rationality in deciding to make a port to PS4. The greater revenue potential for 10% more work (& ergo more content for users) is a great clarification & reason. Anyway, praise & thanks aside, I've got a few questions concerning the PS4 port:

*Will Killing Floor 2 be cross-platform playable?
-I'd love to be able to get in on a game with some of my console-only co-workers & I'm sure KF2 would be an easy sell!

*How will Tripwire's handle exclusive & cross-over characters? RO2 isn't a console title - will PS4 players have an opprotunity to buy Anton Strasse seperately? Is Chivarly on consoles already? If not, then the same question applies again.
-Most importantly- If l there comes a cross-over Sony or console-based character - will OC gamers be able to earn him/her?

*What about Community Content? I don't think PS support something like a Workshop but would it remain possible for PS4 player to, from their console, go online, downnload the maps from the forums, & install them in their game data?

Thanks!

Upvote 0