• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - The Descent Content Update

Fouts;n2289135 said:
So hyped for this update! Commando definitely getting a buff with the new Stoner. Can't wait for next week!

Commando is already a beast of a perk - if the Stoner is that much of a noticeable buff I would expect a prompt nerf to follow.. so hopefully it's a subtle bump, if any, for the perk.

Firebug, on the other hand, should definitely be more formidable (which is also saying something since it was recently buffed to begin with).

Excited to see how much these additions change/improve the game. :)

New Game Mode!!!! WOOT!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
infntnub;n2289136 said:
Commando is already a beast of a perk - if the Stoner is that much of a noticeable buff I would expect a prompt nerf to follow.. so hopefully it's a subtle bump, if any, for the perk.

Firebug, on the other hand, should definitely be more formidable (which is also saying something since it was recently buffed to begin with).

Excited to see how much these additions change/improve the game. :)

New Game Mode!!!! WOOT!

probably 30 damage and 50,60 or 75 mag size. Tier 3 or 4.

Upvote 0
Fouts;n2289156 said:
I can't fathom the Stoner being anything other than a $1600- $1700 (unless they reduce SCAR pricing) tier 4.

The bullpup and AK already handle trash and medium zeds convincingly. Commando doesn't need another tier 3.
I think it could be priced as a normal tier 4, when compared to the absolute facemelter that is the SCAR-H. What is essentially a tier 4 version of the Bullpup would be just fine at normal price, in my opinion.

Big magazines (but long reloads)
Low (30, like the Bullpup/Varmint, maybe 35) damage per shot (but great sustained damage)
A huge ammo pool with cheap ammo (although, like with SWAT guns, filling the entire pool can still end up pricey)
Decent accuracy and not too much recoil per shot (but a high rate of fire means automatic shooting can be inaccurate)
Very heavy (likely another 10-block weapon, allowing only the Varmint rifle or miscellaneous gear (C4, anyone?) as backup)

Seems perfect. It can melt tons of trash zeds but it's expensive for what it does, limits the selection of other gear you can carry, you're really vulnerable while reloading and you're basically screwed if any big zeds show up and you don't have teammates that can kill them (or if you're dumb enough to bring it along for the boss wave).

Upvote 0
Fouts;n2289169 said:
Magazines+150% paired with 150% stumble chance seems good for bosses and big zeds while everyone else rails:)cool:) on them.
I don't know about that. Last I checked stumble skills just increased the weapon's stumble power (read: not "chance") and if your weapon has more stumble power than the zed has stumble resistance then it gets stumbled, but stumble itself is on a cooldown and not something you can consistently inflict it with.

Hence why some people avoid the stumble skill choice in favor of the alternative since it's utility is unfortunately limited and, indeed, almost completely worthless if you have a gunslinger (stumble, stun), sharpshooter (stumble, stun, freeze), demolitions (stumble, stun, knockdown) support (stumble), SWAT (stun, knockdown (occasional)) or berserker (stumble, knockdown (frequent, but only if using Pulverizer)) and chances are very good that you'll have at least one player using one of those perks.

Upvote 0
Kudos for the Flare Revolver (hoping to pair it with MWG+Medic Pistol), though i'm a bit pessimistic about the LMG tbh. We really don't need a weapon with a slower reload time than an off-perk AA-12. I would've thought that the M249 would make the most sense due to its ability to use assault rifle magazines (i.e: the 60 round Surefire MAG-5 or the 100 round Beta C-Mag designed for the M249's mag feed)

Upvote 0
I think the belt is a lot more interesting both in looks and presumably gameplay, glad they went with the stoner 63a commando.
But if they wanted an LMG using mags, one that uses just mags, instead of a belt fed capable of using mags as a disappointing secondary feature, would be more satisfying, I think. Ultimax 100, RPK74, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, the problem with belt feeding is that the reload times associated with it would be an extremely good way to get clot bombed, and you'd have to off-perk a Katana so as to have a weapon that has no ammo issues.

Perhaps it might be interesting to see how an LMG shakes up Survivalist play however, since RPG/M14/Katana is currently the most optimal loadout.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
flashn00b;n2289367 said:
Well, the problem with belt feeding is that the reload times associated with it would be an extremely good way to get clot bombed, and you'd have to off-perk a Katana so as to have a weapon that has no ammo issues.

Perhaps it might be interesting to see how an LMG shakes up Survivalist play however, since RPG/M14/Katana is currently the most optimal loadout.

Since Survivalist miss Mag size bonus both SWAT and Commando have i dont use his perk that adds reload speed to Gunslinger/SWAT/Commando so i am not using their weapon at all. If Stoner had decent magazine (75+) i would concider to use him on survivalist.

Until now i never though about using different weapons than Demo/Support ones :D

Upvote 0
They didn't say it would be March 20th specifically, they said it would be "The week of March 20th". And they don't update on weekends and try not to on fridays since then they can't do a patch the next day if needed.
So probably tomorrow, the day after, or the day after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alek-say
Upvote 0