• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Navigating The Wasteland

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone!

As many of our sharp eyed players may have figured out last weekend, a new map is coming (beyond the previously mentioned one!). Today I want to welcome the next official community map into the lineup as part of the next update: KF-Nuked!
    nukedteaser.jpg

In this world-gone-mad (wait a minute...you mean more mad than normal?) take on Killing Floor 2, the nukes have been launched! We look forward to spending some time in the wasteland with you all playing Matt Zaneski's fine creation! But one more thing, well, actually two.... what do you mean I can't talk about those yet? Well, I guess next week it is!

To those of you who followed our last WWAUT, we also want to give a bit more detail on Holdout to clear up some confusion. The rooms that you will traverse are pre-made, but chained together in random order with no repeats, so you don't know which room you'll end up in next. Some of you have also rightly guessed that this is laying the groundwork for some of our future endeavors later this year, so stay tuned as we keep adding new things to Killing Floor 2!

Radio4ctive;n2287337 said:
    I think every perk that heave only 4 base weapons needs one more weapon. I count for firebug flare revorvers/uzi with incendiary ammo. Also AK-47/Famas for commando or SWAT UMP45/Swat Shield + fully automatic pistol.
    Some kind of carbine, like a G36c, that's a tier 3 dual perk Commando/SWAT weapon would be cool. It would give Commando a higher tier version of the Bullpup/Varmint and also give SWAT a more ammo efficient weapon choice that's actually capable of killing something more dangerous than a slasher with only a single shot.

I think a machine-pistol like the G18c would make a good dual perk tier 2.5 Gunslinger/SWAT weapon. Gunslinger would also get an akimbo version as well, although it wouldn't be on-perk for SWAT because that would probably cause even worse balance problems (Rapid Assault, anyone?) than just giving them to Gunslinger.

I don't think a FAMAS would be a good choice speaking purely from a practical gameplay perspective, though. Smaller magazines (because Tripwire would probably opt to use the older, more iconic F1 model which uses 25-round proprietary magazines instead of the newer G2 model which uses 30-round STANAG magazines) and the damage per shot of the Bullpup combined with a very high rate of fire, long reloads, mediocre accuracy and poor controllability (if not due to per-shot recoil and lack of precision, then due simply to it's high rate of fire) doesn't exactly sound great on paper.

An AK-47 might make a good tier 2 or 2.5 weapon roughly similar to the SCAR, like back in KF1, though. I know I, personally, would buy it instead of the AK-12 and SCAR but, then again, I've never really liked the AK-12 because I've always found it's handling awkward and I've never really liked the SCAR because it's very expensive (both initial price and ammo price) for what is essentially a semi-auto trash clearing weapon so what do I know.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Ramare;n2287344 said:
    Some kind of carbine, like a G36c, that's a tier 3 dual perk Commando/SWAT weapon would be cool. It would give Commando a higher tier version of the Bullpup/Varmint and also give SWAT a more ammo efficient weapon choice that's actually capable of killing something more dangerous than a slasher with only a single shot.

I think a machine-pistol like the G18c would make a good dual perk tier 2.5 Gunslinger/SWAT weapon. Gunslinger would also get an akimbo version as well, although it wouldn't be on-perk for SWAT because that would probably cause even worse balance problems (Rapid Assault, anyone?) than just giving them to Gunslinger.

I don't think a FAMAS would be a good choice speaking purely from a practical gameplay perspective, though. Smaller magazines (because Tripwire would probably opt to use the older, more iconic F1 model which uses 25-round proprietary magazines instead of the newer G2 model which uses 30-round STANAG magazines) and the damage per shot of the Bullpup combined with a very high rate of fire, long reloads, mediocre accuracy and poor controllability (if not due to per-shot recoil and lack of precision, then due simply to it's high rate of fire) doesn't exactly sound great on paper.

An AK-47 might make a good tier 2 or 2.5 weapon roughly similar to the SCAR, like back in KF1, though. I know I, personally, would buy it instead of the AK-12 and SCAR but, then again, I've never really liked the AK-12 because I've always found it's handling awkward and I've never really liked the SCAR because it's very expensive (both initial price and ammo price) for what is essentially a semi-auto trash clearing weapon so what do I know.

I personally dont think Commando and SWAT should share weapons. I was thinking more of a Glock with burst fire for a Gunslinger/SWAT weapon.

I think the classes in most need of new weapons right now are Firebug, Demo, and Medic. Revamping C4 and VLAD-1000 would be easier than adding a new weapon for Demo and Support

Upvote 0