• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Holdout

infntnub;n2286861 said:
I think it boils down to how large the rooms/floors are on these maps. I'm not assuming any specific perks would have advantages (at least not moreso than normal circumstances).

Really excited to see how this ends up looking!

Same here, very excited for Killing Floor updates. I hope the new format doesn't limit ranged classes like Sharps, Demo and Commando. Still, close quarters fighting is a major strong point of KF2 between Zerker, Firebug and Support. Very fun stuff.

Upvote 0
Oh jeeepers...I can't wait to see how many existing mods will be broken with new code and functions being added to game. Will you go straight to patch update, or have a Beta? :p

b_350_20_000000_000000_B8DA3E_BD0505.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pavlov's Dog;n2286893 said:
Same here, very excited for Killing Floor updates. I hope the new format doesn't limit ranged classes like Sharps, Demo and Commando. Still, close quarters fighting is a major strong point of KF2 between Zerker, Firebug and Support. Very fun stuff.

Hello everyone, new on the forum but wanted to say I can't wait either for the updates.
Any advice to help me ?

Upvote 0
Pomelo38;n2287050 said:
Hello everyone, new on the forum but wanted to say I can't wait either for the updates.
Any advice to help me ?

like the dude above said, play some custom content and/or play some games.

I really recommend trying out some other games to sink some time in so waiting wont take forever.
Try Stardew Valley, Runescape, etc.

Upvote 0
CJwarrior;n2287129 said:
like the dude above said, play some custom content and/or play some games.

I really recommend trying out some other games to sink some time in so waiting wont take forever.
Try Stardew Valley, Runescape, etc.

... I will try some mods and see how it's going. Thanks for the advices...
And otherwise I will try the other you recommand, thanks CJwarrior

Upvote 0
It sounds like a mode that was suggested during the beta. A mode where players, rather than having an open map, are confined to a smaller section of it & progress forward to another thereby utilizing more of the map.

It makes it to where players don't camp the same places every game. :p

I'd guess the accomplishments are the 4 difficulties of the new map and then perhaps 6 for Hold-Out Mode setting on the new map + whatever 5 other official maps that are ready for it by the time the update hits.

Am I getting warm?

Upvote 0
Pomelo38;n2287050 said:
Any advice to help me ?

If you're having trouble in-game, remember to play with your class gear. A lot of perk stats and bonuses only apply to the chosen class's weapons and items. Using off-class weapons is not a bad idea, but you should have at least one reliable weapon for your chosen class to capitalize on your stats (even at low levels).

Upvote 0