• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Holdout

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone!

So you have been fighting the Zeds back at every location and turn, figuring out your groups optimal perks and loadouts or just winging it as the horde comes in. Today, something different has happened, while exploring Volter's Manor you've found a new path in the ground below you, leading somewhere different, someplace more strange and twisted than the "good" Doctor's house above.
    Tease1.jpg

You've discovered a labyrinth of interconnecting rooms and no matter how many times you try you can't seem to follow the same path through. Each time you find someplace new the horde comes back to push you to your limit forcing you to holdout (perhaps with your brand new
    Spoiler!
    ) before a new path emerges. Welcome to Survival Holdout!

Holdout is a new sub-mode of the Survival game type with a brand new map being the first level to use it. Holdout will combine rooms together dynamically as players traverse the dungeon via drop downs to enter the next floor (with the only constants being the starting area and the boss room). We look forward to bringing you more on Holdout and the new map over the weeks ahead, and even more we are dieing to see what our community of mapmakers does with this new mode!

Last edited:
    oxy;n2286666 said:
    Oh man! I've never had a
    Spoiler!
    before. I want it in the color red. Ok? Ok. Thanks. And is there going to be a release date for this new mode? I'm quite excited all the sudden. :D

That's one order for a red
    Spoiler!
    !
    I hope you enjoy your new
    Spoiler!
    !

There is no date we can publicly comment on, yet.

Upvote 0
    CJwarrior;n2286672 said:
    So we have this in store for the future, how about some other content? Or is that going to be revealed Thursday/Friday?
    Holdout is part of the next update which is new map and weapon content. For now that's all we have to share publicly about the next update.

Think of it as a new way to do maps in survival.

Beyond more maps and weapons this year, we will see the seasonal event return and add a new boss.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mingovillain
    Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2286659 said:
    So you have been fighting the Zeds back at every location and turn, figuring out your groups optimal perks and loadouts or just winging it as the horde comes in. Today, something different has happened, while exploring Volter's Manor you've found a new path in the ground below you, leading somewhere different, someplace more strange and twisted than the "good" Doctor's house above.

Hmmm... speaking of discovering new path, curiously I wondered and more nervously I gave up holding my worries to myself; may I ask what happened to Dr. Volter? There have been no words of him since his last mansion expedition. You know... the one he took into the basement ceiling.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0