• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 2 1048 Opt In Beta

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We have updated the KF2 opt in beta to address the following issues:

General
    • Fixed an issue where the Patriarchs mortar animation could repeat
    • Fixed an issue with Motion blur and bloom being off would result in Screen Space Reflections being off even when set to enabled
    • Fixed Support: Supplier skill only refilling 1 point of gas ammo for the Eviscerator
    • Fixed M203 not getting 2 rounds from ammo boxes as intended (was granting 1 round previously)
    • Fixed an issue where matchmaking take over would fail when servers were available
    • Fixed an issue where parrying a clot grab would not stumble them
    • Fixed an issue where Survivalist and Support would drop weapons when leveling up
    • Fixed Survivalist: Tactical Reload not affecting SWAT weapons
    • Fixed an issue where players would be unable to move coming out of the trader menu
    • Fixed a DX-10 crash on creating render targets
      • Special note, many users who were getting this crash seem to be using an Integrated Intel Graphics chip and not the Nvidia or AMD card in their computer/laptop. You can change which card is used on a per app basis in the Control Panel for your video card

Maps
    • Fixed a van with no collision on Hostile Grounds
    • Fixed a collectable on Hostile Grounds that could not be shot

Cosmetic/Misc
    • Fixed an issue where the Horzine Elite Red Medic Field Tested was not showing the proper skin
    • Updated Credits

Yoshiro;n2278061 said:
    We have updated the KF2 opt in beta to address the following issues:

General
    • Fixed an issue where the Patriarchs mortar animation could repeat
    • Fixed an issue with Motion blur and bloom being off would result in Screen Space Reflections being off even when set to enabled
    • Fixed Support: Supplier skill only refilling 1 point of gas ammo for the Eviscerator
    • Fixed M203 not getting 2 rounds from ammo boxes as intended (was granting 1 round previously)
    • Fixed an issue where matchmaking take over would fail when servers were available
    • Fixed an issue where parrying a clot grab would not stumble them
    • Fixed an issue where Survivalist and Support would drop weapons when leveling up
    • Fixed Survivalist: Tactical Reload not affecting SWAT weapons
    • Fixed an issue where players would be unable to move coming out of the trader menu
    • Fixed a DX-10 crash on creating render targets
      • Special note, many users who were getting this crash seem to be using an Integrated Intel Graphics chip and not the Nvidia or AMD card in their computer/laptop. You can change which card is used on a per app basis in the Control Panel for your video card

Maps
    • Fixed a van with no collision on Hostile Grounds
    • Fixed a collectable on Hostile Grounds that could not be shot

Cosmetic/Misc
    • Fixed an issue where the Horzine Elite Red Medic Field Tested was not showing the proper skin
    • Updated Credits

i was having that problem only by having an integrated chip in the cpu, even if i never use it, or for some reason the game arbitrarily decided to try to use it, cant confirm now that is fixed, either way thanks for the details.

has anyone spawned with an MP7 as a survivalist? haven't seen it yet.

dualies still have extra recoil when fired fast, they don't when used as a single pistol.

xbow still have problems stunning big zeds, even with ballistic shock+ranger.

Upvote 0
    Survivalist :

I've noticed that when you start to reload during zed time you will reload at the proper speed based on your level, and then when you exit zed time you will finish reloading at 2x normal speed.

Basically it seems that the Survivalist's passive reload speed bonus will apply throughout the entire animation, even when zed time ends.

In other words....

Zed time starts > you reload > passive reload perk grants you a 50% increase in zed time reload speed based off your level > zed time ends halfway through your reload animation > you finish reloading at 150% normal speed because the +50% reload passive is active for the entire animation.

Upvote 0
    I feel like the overall Game Performance isn't that good as before the in opt Beta began. Can you check it in the Code? i mean me and my Friends getting FPS drops randomly, we don't know why... it only happens sometimes. We dont got this drops before we all have very good Rigs. Nvidia graphic Cards, Windows 7 x64, Intel Core i7

Upvote 0
    Franky;n2278570 said:
    I feel like the overall Game Performance isn't that good as before the in opt Beta began. Can you check it in the Code? i mean me and my Friends getting FPS drops randomly, we don't know why... it only happens sometimes. We dont got this drops before we all have very good Rigs. Nvidia graphic Cards, Windows 7 x64, Intel Core i7

Which i7 and which Graphics card... Be specific m8...

Also, when are we going to see custom weapons??????

Upvote 0
    shadowtwinz;n2280972 said:
    game is dissapointment this update even more sad number changes after 2 months with 20+ dev team. You could pay 500RUB for russian modder and he will create anything u want for this game

Go do that then... :v

Edit: but seriously, they do the most detailed guns and gun animations and gun-everything in the gaming industry, which takes TIME and quality standards. So be patient.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    yeas i agree with you but if it takes to release 2 weapons 2 months then no game is already more boring and chaotic than kf1 (modded).
    Turtle speed updates will take 2-3 years for them to make it in state like kf1 is. If I'm correct modders stil;l have no access to all files for their new projects.

P.S TWI won't create anything what isn't casual in zombie games, lets say they wont add more game mechanics which is cruicial, other stuff can be created by moders cuz moders don't have access to it.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    shadowtwinz;n2281223 said:
    yeas i agree with you but if it takes to release 2 weapons 2 months then no game is already more boring and chaotic than kf1 (modded).
    Turtle speed updates will take 2-3 years for them to make it in state like kf1 is. If I'm correct modders stil;l have no access to all files for their new projects.

P.S TWI won't create anything what isn't casual in zombie games, lets say they wont add more game mechanics which is cruicial, other stuff can be created by moders.

More modding tools would benefit the game a lot, indeed. I still believe that it's better for them (and for any developer) to take their time with the content creation rather than rush it out and maybe fix it later.

My only advice to avoid getting bored with the game is: don't get stuck with this one game only, play some others too along with KF2. I love the game to death, but I only play like 1 to 2 hours per day, and not every day (since it launched on greenlight, I have 180 hs spent on the game).

PS: sorry if my first comment came as aggressive.

Upvote 0