• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Lord Of The Manor

Nice to read that you'll do something for the berserker! (Buff the eviscerator maybe? That would be great!)

As for manor... I'm pleased to see that we'll get a new map soon! It seems scary and classy at the same time ,I really like it and this looks quite different that what we already have (A swiss manor...could it be THE homeplace of Hans Volter himself? That could be fun! ) .

I'd still like to see a remake of Manor from KF1... It was one of my favourite maps as it had quite an eerie vibe to it (with the old decayed manor , the grey sky , the swamps...)

Upvote 0
Good to see those weekly updates clocking in... ;)

What We Are Up To - What Are We Up To?

To help with that we are planning to do an information update (What We Are Up To post) roughly every two weeks. In these posts we will be talking about the upcoming content drops. As part of this you will be seeing work in progress shots (pictures for sure and possibly moving pictures!) of new weapons, perks and maps (and perhaps a few extra surprises).

Upvote 0
Because apparently all devs don't take a break and sits constantly...

The fact that a 2 (up to 6) man Indie self published (campaign funded) game can give updates every month (somtimes more than once a month) and still communicate with their fan base says enough.
This is an actual company vs a random timetable game. I can pull out higher games from my hat which started out with a smaller team than TW currently has yet still communicated and gave proper updates. Which now netted them today success and known names.

At what point did we accept that for a proper established business they could put out less than a small handful of motivated and knowledgable people.
2 weeks news does not always mean we will get an update every fortnight. Notice how we only have map news, in 2-3 days we will get another piece of the pie slice not the whole thing. This will happen until there's enough "news" to make it a patch.

Upvote 0
We're only a month in , give them a little time goddamnit! They have a bigger team now but that doesn't mean that they can rush everything . And it's also nice that they don't say EVERYTHING , otherwise we would have nothing to discover.

And to be fair, I prefer a big update full of new stuffs than smaller updates more often...

And as long as they don't pull a starbound , I'm okay with the wait.

Upvote 0
Suddenly it's Christmas 2015 "Give them a little time, goddamn it, it's just two more perks and another map that needs to be added before the official release!"

I am really not very happy with both the level of communication (as in, tons of user feedback, hardly any indication anything is being done about it), and the speed of updates.

The plan was for around 6 months in EAccess. It has been a month. TWI have not exactly done a standout job in terms of keeping pace on KF2.

The game was announced in May 2014 and there were already shots of two of the three maps that are currently out.

In the full year since then they managed to get four perks and another map out in a playable state.

Forgive me if my confidence that they will release the full game within six months is a little shaken.

Upvote 0
No, seriously, this sounds harsh and immature, but freaking seriously, no timeline, no visible roadmap, no news or dates for ANYTHING.

I know this is Tripwire, I KNOW it's not an Early Access scam that will be dumped. I am not implying it is. I am just saying it annoys me how slowly everything is moving.

I guess I should have waited for release, but I was genuinely hoping for actual progress and more frequent updates in EA.

Upvote 0
The system Squad (the creators of KSP)has, with a weekly "Devnote Tuesdays" report where all the devs write a rough idea of what they've done the past week. I dont think that would be a good idea in this case, because we dont know the individual devs as well as the KSP community does, but a "per department" report would be great.

Upvote 0
Update when?

RkQbxWZ.png

Upvote 0
oh, waw, i am impatient too, but this is childish. Live your life and find a real problem. This is nothing! The game is going in great direction.

Well the game has been in EA for a month now and in that time all we've had is one small patch addressing performance issues. Seems fair to say that more content should be expected in that time since, as it stands, the game has 3 maps and basically 3 perks since zerk is pretty weak sauce at the moment.

If the EA is to work well then the provided feedback needs to be acted on in a reasonable time so that the provided fix can then be tested as well as all the extra content not currently in the game. Over the span of a month there doesn't really seem to be much left to provide feedback on and if it's not actually actioned, or even acknowledged formerly in a timeline or tracked, it feels rather pointless.

Upvote 0