• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

XNA y u no video?

Nekomancer

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2009
I got the "videos run unstable in XNA games on some computers for some weird reason not related to your computer, so they are disabled" "error", i am confused. Not about the content. But how did the game find that out? I didn't know about that.

Last edited:
I got the "videos run unstable in XNA games on some computers for some weird reason not related to your computer, so they are disabled" "error", i am confused. Not about the content. But how did the game find that out? I didn't know about that.

For some reason, completely unknown to man, one in about a thousand computers can't, due to cosmic interference or whatnot, view XNA video. Luckily, one of my computers were one of these, so I could sit and write a catch at the beginning of the game, basically testing if the game would have crasched there under normal circumstances.

So, if you get that message, your computer hates me, and you can't watch videos through XNA. =(

If you really want to hear my and Robin's silky sweet voices, you can probably still watch the videos if you navigate to your game folder though! =D

Upvote 0
Hmm, i see that i'm still using WMP10, i'll try if an update to the latest version helps. I'm not willing to give up yet. Maybe i'll stumble about something. I like to dig deep into problems, i'm a technodwarf XD.

edit:
Nope, XNA is still *****ing. Even with FFDShow enabled/disabled for Dwarfs.exe

Last edited:
Upvote 0